Since 1998 CONA is developing solar fruit driers, which are continuously improved. But not only fruits can be dried with CONA fruit driers, also herbs, spices, medicinal herbs, fish and meat. At the moment more than 100 different products are dried with CONA solar driers in more than 35 different countries.
- The whole harvest of one season can be preserved for a later point in time.
- Color, taste, aroma and ingredients are conserved because the product is protected from light in the drying chamber.
- Because of the improved horizontal drying process a very even drying result is reached. Within one drying chamber there is no need for redistribution.
- Without any additives it is possible to get a 100% natural product.
- The use of high quality materials like glass and stainless steel makes a professional and hygienic production possible. That is important for sale and for getting respective certificates and permission.
- The investment costs pay off quickly because of low running costs.
- The whole drying facility is designed for solar operation and therefore a very energy efficient and effective technology is used.
Different approaches to fruit drying
Small commercial units
We offer a range of solar small commercial dryers. They start with a filling quantity of 50kg and are designed to be put into operation quickly without major structural measures. They can operate without off-grid and are designed to last a long time with little and easy maintenance. The systems can be installed both indoors and outdoors
Big drying plants
For customers with larger drying needs, we offer systems with capacities greater than 800kg. Since such quantities require appropriate fruit processing anyway, systems are only intended for indoor use and require a power supply.
conversion of existing drying plants to solar power
Many of our customers did not start from scratch, they already had drying systems that were supplied with other energy sources. We offer them the opportunity to convert their existing system to solar in order to reduce their energy costs and reduce their CO2 emissions.